Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cast of Characters

What happens when the class clown meets and marries the funny girl? You end up with bunch of goofball babies. The things that happen within the four walls of this house can provide the avid humorist with years of family fodder. Three goofy kids ranging in age from 2 to 13, allows for a steady stream of offbeat situations and anecdotal humiliation. Don't worry about being a Peeping Tom, your invited to take a peek inside our wacky Winkel world. Just don't leave any nose marks on the windows, it creeps me out.


Meet our cast of characters:


ME! (Laurel): I'm The Mom. It falls on my shoulders to make sure this gaggle of gigglers gets fed, washed, educated, shuttled, and otherwise supervised in all workings of the world. I also work full time from home in our family business making sure all the $$$ gets to the bank on time.


Bryan: Husband magnifique! Not only is this handsome man the love of my life, he's also handy around the house. Bryan has a sarcastic personality blended with the ability to not only see the humor in things, but also point it out using little to no verbal filter.


Ethan: A smaller version of his father, in almost every regard. This kid keeps me on my toes, and constantly reminds me that life doesn't have to be so serious. He also needs a haircut.


Shelby: As much like her mother as Ethan is like his father. Shy...until you get to know her. She can make me laugh and make me pull my hair out, all without taking a breath. Sweet as pie, as long as you don't release the Kraken.


Tyce: The perfect combination of the best and worst of the other two. He's my little shadow, as long as its on his terms. As far as he's concerned, he's the boss around here and nobody better say otherwise. He's responsible for most of my tears of joy, and frustration.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect summation of the Winkels. I don't know why you resist blogging L, you are the best writer in the family. Use if for an outlet the rest of us can enjoy. I'm checking this sucker every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I see you used BLEST. THAT WAS MY IDEA! It's so appropriate, and lucky. We spell MEANTCD. That's me-ant-cd, or meant-cd. Either way, it sucks. You're blessed to be BLEST.

    ReplyDelete