Friday, April 29, 2011

The Family Rules

Our "family rules" started on Facebook. Early on I decided that I was only going to post on Facebook if I could make people smile. Each new rule is the result of an action, comment or blunder on the part of one or several of our family members. The first family rule that started it all?
New family rule: "We don't give wedgies during family prayer."

Now some may think this should go without saying. We are a spiritual family, we pray every night together before the kids go off to their respective dreamlands. Usually there is a certain decorum associated with prayer time, but it's not uncommon for this formality to be more of a wish on my part than an actuality. One night in particular, as we were kneeling in prayer, my lovely daughter who was 7 at the time decided to stealthily reach behind her big brother and give his undies a yank. I have to give Ethan credit for not yelping right in the middle of suplication. He waited until we said "amen" to announce that he had received a wedgie. Shelby, ever the innocent, quietly grinned as only a child with great gratification can. You see, it's usually Shelby who is on the receiving end of most teasing and torture in our house, and sometimes payback is sweet.

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY! Can't wait to read it! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bout Stinkin time!!! Totally excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me drool/accidentally spit on myself when I read it. Keep that up!

    ReplyDelete