Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Toilet Trophies

Ok, this post is not about what you think it is. We aren't celebrating any special...accomplishments. At least not yet. Our business was running a Groupon today, so I was on the phone with prospective customers for most of the day. At lunch time I was right in the middle of preparing a great PB&J for Mr. T when the phone rang yet again. A quick glance at the caller ID told me it was someone I'd been trying to connect with so I opted to drop the jelly and run to the office to grab the phone. Tyce was none too thrilled at my choice and made sure I knew it by standing outside my office door, (childproof doorknobs are very useful) to pound and scream at me. About halfway through my conversation I had the realization that it was suddenly very quiet. Then I heard the toilet flush. Hmm, Tyce isn't potty trained yet, so why would he be flushing? Maybe the better question is WHAT is he flushing? Another flush, now I'm bracing myself for a disaster. Visions of Hotwheels and Polly Pockets floating in the bowl begin to flood my imagination. Naturally the customer on the phone needs to tell me in great detail about her carpet/puppy misfortunes. Then she feels the need to explain, again in detail, where her home is located in relation to the Great Wall of China. Finally, we wrap up the sale and I'm able to politely disconnect myself from the telephone and run to the hallway. There stands Tyce, his arms are definitely wet from the elbows down. I'm immediately feeling sick to my stomach, as my older children cannot be bothered to flush the toilet on a regular basis. Please please please be clean water, I'm thinking to myself. Finally, the moment of truth as I peer cautiously into the bowl. Phew, water is clear, at least we're not talking about sewage here. And what is the object that required so much flushing? Shelby's soccer trophy. Thank goodness it was too big to actually go anywhere. The poor Polly Pockets would not have been so lucky. A change of clothes and a good arm scrubbing later, Tyce got a nice lecture about why we don't play in the toilet. Again.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that. It's the joys of having a toddler. Too much quiet is soooo bad. Love hearing your stories. Brightens up my day knowing I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the LMAO button on this thing? Oh, PLEASEEEEEE keep writing!

    ReplyDelete