Sunday, May 1, 2011

Over Exposure

New family rule: No pulling mommy's dress up with you when she stands up in the middle of church to take you out because your being too noisy.

Usually praying in church is something that's done outloud, today I was praying to myself that nobody noticed me. During a moment that was supposed to be quietly reverent, Tyce decided to announce to not only me, but everyone around us, that he was NOT interested in eating the snack I had brought for him. In my effort to tame the untameable 2 year old, I was trying to offer him some yogurt, thinking he might sit quietly for a few minutes. After all, he can only make so much noise if his mouth is full right? Wrong. So so wrong. So to avoid the dirty looks from the people around us that might actually be trying to absorb some spirituality from the meeting, I wrapped my arm under his body and swooped him up. Making sure to also grab the very important blankie, as to not make more a scene than necessary, I stood to make my way out of the aisle. It was at that moment that I noticed that while I had Tyce in one arm, he had the bottom of my dress in his hand, which was now at my waist level. For a brief moment, everything under my dress was exposed from the waist down. I hope, (I really really hope) that nobody was looking at us in that moment. I fear however, that since we were causing a bit of a scene, that was probably not the case. I quickly sat back down, forcefully removed my dress from his clenched fist, and regained my composure. Then we stood to try the whole thing again. At least on the second attempt we were able to sneak out without further embarrassment. Oh well, it's not the first time I've unwittingly exposed myself, but that's a story for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard my story titled "the Great Sacrament Flood of '04?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I...Cant...breath...laughing...at...you...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. ahhhhh. I love you.

    ReplyDelete